Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Thankful
This holiday season has been one of reflection and thankfulness. On Dec. 20th a 3 year old girl in my ward died from complications from brain cancer, to add to it this girls 2 brothers have the same cancer, leaving the parents unsure of their future with her brothers. I ache for this family but find strength knowing of the peace that they find through their testimony of our Savior. It is wonderful to me that they still have hope. If this family can have hope, so can I. I can have hope in the future, in my family, my Savior and in myself. I have opportunities to serve, I believe that through these opportunities it has given me strength. I challenge all who read this to find a way to serve and stop and realize the gift that serving really is. I have also realized that as much as we struggle, that there is always someone who is going through something harder than we are. Even in our darkest hour we can give strength to others. I am thankful for this beautiful season of the year, for a Heavenly Father who loved ME so much that he gave me a Savior who atoned for all of my pains and hurts. I am thankful for the gospel and for the strength it gives me. I hope you all are doing well, and you are having a beautiful Christmas Season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
That's so sad. It's hard watching others go through their trials, but it sounds like you are helping where you can.
Thanks for the reminder.
Alison...I have always considered you such an example when it comes to service...you are a true friend and angel! Thanks for the message. Love and miss you!!
Post a Comment