Sunday, July 6, 2008

Why I don't like puppy's

Well my insane 10 month old puppy Lilly really likes to chew things including all of our sprinkler heads, the electrical wire that makes our sprinklers work...etc...etc..etc.  Needless to say our automatic system is no longer working, so I have been going out daily and manually turning on the sprinklers.  The Visiting Teachers were coming over.   I was getting ready for the day and had just barely dried and flat ironed my hair got it all styled cute and I realized I had to turn off the sprinklers. The stupid head we bought the house from put the sprinkler in front of the sprinkler system in the ground(really bright, I know).   So when I went to turn it off I had this brilliant idea and used the lid to the sprinkler system to shield myself from getting wet.  I turned the little screw with one had and shielded myself with the other and turned to watch the sprinklers stop.  Well one of the sprinklers in the cycle stopped so I automatically quit shielding myself assuming it was off... Not so much...I let down that lid and spray, spray, spray, I was soaked to the bone!  My perfectly done hair had to have water rung out of it.  My clothes were dripping wet, and guess who comes driving up, but my visiting teachers.   Now let me tell you how the rest of my day went.   Hehehe.   Why do these things happen to me?

3 comments:

Michelle S. said...

Oh Alison, I am so sorry! I completely understand! That could be a story from me!

I hope that at least the visit with your visiting teachers was good.

That is really frusterating to go to all that effort and then BAM! out the window!

Shellee said...

Hi Alison! Of course you can leave comments. I have been trying to find you!!!!!!!
I keep asking Jo what your e-mail address is, and she keeps telling me that she can't find it. I have your address and I couldn't find your number! Thank you for finding me!

I am sorry that you don't like the puppy right now, but they are so cute.

I was disappointed that you didn't put a pic of Sarah up on your blog. I haven't seen her for so long!

Would it be find with you if I linked you to my blog? I am sure Gena, Paula, Mary Fa and a few others would like to see what you are up to!

Kim said...

I'm laughing, Alison...I just love you and love to hear those stories! I have so many I think of periodically...like remember the time the guy laid right down in front of your car at a stop light...and the weird guy in the library.....and the wet frozen hair at the gas station??? I'm sorry you got wet and sorry your puppy is driving you nuts...I can relate on that one!! Now we have a kitten added to the mix!